Request for Proposals
Faculty may submit proposals to the Academy through the appropriate University procedures for outside funding. The Academy does not support overhead or indirect costs in its gifts to the University. Upon receipt of proposals which have gone through the needed vetting by the University, the Academy will seek comments from its academic review panel prior to making a final decision about funding.
Current Funding Opportunities
The Academy invites proposals for consideration in the following areas:
- Deadline: open
- The Academy Invites proposals for its Hayek Fellowship program. Hayek Fellowships will support:
- post-docs or visiting professors for one to three semesters;
- short-term funding for dissertation-stage graduate students to collaborate with faculty on a research project or dissertation chapter (apx 1 month).
- Suggested budget: $30,000 to $60,000 for post-docs;
- $10,000 for grad students.
Hayek Lecture Series
- Deadline: open.
- The Academy invites proposals for its Hayek Lecture Series supporting visiting speakers on topics related to economic freedom, the relationship between government growth and human well-being, economic history, and culture and freedom.
- Suggested budget: $5,000.
- Deadline: open.
- The Academy maintains an open call for proposals in all areas related to its mission, including research projects, lectures, visiting speakers and scholars, course development, student support, and study abroad opportunities related to free-markets and limited government. Interdisciplinary and inter-campus proposals are welcomed and encouraged.
Applicants are encouraged, but not required, to discuss ideas with the Academy and request feedback during the proposal development process. Final proposals should be no more than 3 pages in length and include purpose, budget, main individuals responsible for carrying out proposal, and how it relates to the mission of the Academy.
Submit proposals via email to the Academy
The Academy attempts to respond with a decision within two months of receiving each proposal.